Warwick Art Gallery Inc Strategic Plan 2018 - 2021
This Strategic and Artistic Plan was developed by the Gallery Staff with members of the Management Committee of Warwick Art Gallery Incorporated.
Local, State and Federal Government Policies for art and culture are in continuous review. The Warwick Art Gallery Management Committee recognizes our positioning as a vital stakeholder in the delivery of current policy to our region. Our strategic direction will be stimulated by new government policy. Current policies that shape and influence our strategic planning include:
• Southern Downs Regional Council Cultural Policy (in review)
• Southern Downs Regional Council Public Art Policy (in review)
• Southern Downs Regional Council Community Plan 2030
• LGAQ's Arts and Culture Policy – Creative Cultural Development
• Queensland Government Arts for All Queenslanders Strategy 2014 - 2018
• Australian Government Creative Australia national arts policy
Warwick Art Gallery is a major service provider of visual arts and culture for Southern Downs Regional Council.
The Art Gallery provides a range of services to the community, including:
- A program of temporary exhibitions
- Public programs including visual art workshops, education and outreach projects
- Arts-related advice to the community, including support of local arts groups, by offering assistance with the management of exhibits, professional development advice and assistance for applications for government grants.
- Management of the visual art component of the Jumpers and Jazz in July annual arts festival
Warwick Art Gallery Incorporated employs 1 permanent full-time director and 2 casual staff members who are committed to the Gallery’s efficient and effective operation. A dedicated team of volunteers make a significant contribution to the operations of the Gallery.
This plan provides clear direction for the Art Gallery in terms of organisational performance and establishing a framework for the measurement of the Gallery and individual performance against agreed and documented outcomes.
The Warwick Art Gallery facility is owned, maintained and insured by and in conjunction with Southern Downs Regional Council.