About Warwick Art Gallery Inc
Warwick Art Gallery Incorporated was established in 1989 and the new building was opened in February, 1990
The Art Gallery provides a range of services to the community including:
- A program of temporary exhibitions
- Public programs including visual art workshops, education and outreach projects
- Arts-related advice to the community, including support of local arts groups, by offering assistance with the management of exhibits, professional development advice and assistance with applications for government grants
- Management of the visual art component of the Jumpers and Jazz in July annual arts festival
The Gallery is coordinated by a Management Committee composed of two councillors appointed by the Southern Downs Regional Council and 13 committee members elected from our membership. The Management Committee receive an annual operational grant from Southern Downs Regional Council. The Committee also employ a full-time gallery director and two part-time assistants.
To become fully involved and informed about programs at Warwick Art Gallery, consider becoming a Gallery Member. Members receive:
- Quarterly newsletters by post or email
- Invitations to exhibition openings. We have an exhibition change over every 4 - 6 weeks. Openings are free to attend and offer an opportunity to meet other supporters of the arts in our community.
- The opportunity to nominate for a position on the Management Committee
- Exemption form site fees for artists markets held at Warwick Art Gallery
- Gallery membership card offering entry at concession prices to selected exhibitions at Queensland Art Gallery (may not apply to all exhibitions)
- Tuesday through Saturday: 10am - 4pm
- Closed Sundays, Mondays and Public Holidays